Resilient Recovery Loan
Resilient Recovery loans are designed to meet the extended challenges faced during a business’s disaster recovery, including repairing physical damage and recouping economic losses. Resilient Recovery loans are intended to ensure the business is fully stabilized and is able to handle future economic shocks. Terms are up to $250,000 for up to ten years.
This is NOT a grant program. Resilient Recovery loans were created to make sure the business is fully stabilized and in a better position to recover from future storms. Eligibility for funding is contingent on documentation of storm damage from a declared natural disaster. Funding is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loans are available for up to $250,000 (based on business needs and revenues).
- Loan terms are for up to 10 years.
- Loan payments are fully amortized over the term of the loan.
- Interest rates are from 4.99% to 9.99% depending on a variety of risk factors.
- Resilient Recovery Express loan recipients have the opportunity to increase their original loan through the standard Resilient Recovery loan.
- There is no pre-payment penalty.
- Defaulted loans are subject to commercial collection processes.
- Applicants must be a North Carolina small business affected by a declared natural disaster.
- Applicants must have at least one employee, who could be the owner.
- Any individual with greater than 20% ownership in the applying business must co-sign the loan.
- Proceeds from the Resilient Recovery loan may only be used for maintaining or restarting a business.
- The use of loan funds to pay off debts already incurred for qualifying business maintenance or restart purposes may be authorized on a case-by-case basis