Small Business Loans
Thread Capital offers small business loans from $500 to $100,000. Targeting this range focuses Thread Capital on the biggest gap in the current lending marketplace, where small business owners have the most difficulty finding affordable options. We also have access to loans up to $5 million through a network of statewide lending partners.
We offer small business loan amounts up to $50,000 for startup businesses (defined as less than one year of documented revenue) and up to $100,000 for existing businesses.
This is NOT a grant program. Thread Capital gives a special emphasis to serving rural, low-income, female, and minority borrowers. Loan decisions are typically made within 15 days and loans funded within 30 days.
- Loans are available for up to $50,000 for start-up businesses (having less than 12 months of documented revenue).
- Loans are available for up to $100,000 for existing businesses (having more than 12 months of documented revenue).
- Loan terms are for up to 84 months.
- Loan payments are fully amortized over the term of the loan.
- Interest rate is 10.99 percent.
- There is no pre-payment penalty.
- Defaulted loans are subject to commercial collection processes.
- Applicants must have at least one employee, who could be the owner.
- The small business must be physically located in North Carolina.
- Any individual with greater than 20 percent ownership in the applying business must co-sign the loan.
- Borrowers are expected to pledge all available assets for collateral.